This looks like a good place for it

Re: HOW-TO Logitech Media Server on FOXY_Dev-03

Postby jbv » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:41 am

Now, that one looks very interesting.
jbv

Postby SBP » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:52 am

Hi Brenton

This little client just got even better and now plays aac radio streams as well.
I don't know if you have got the time to try it out (between you breakdown of the computer and building FoxyRoxy). I like it very much for my LMS system, all controlled from my smartphone :-)

Steen
SBP

Postby jbv » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi Steen,

Thanks for the update. I really do like LMS and the whole concept. It is something that I do seriously intend to get into once I've got FoxyRoxyLinux sorted in some other areas. FYI: If there is something on the radio while driving home that I want to continue listening to, instead of sitting in the car, I often race into my study and fire up my LMS version of FoxyRoxyLinux (it's the one with the yellow dot <g>). It only takes a moment and it's great. So, yeah, I am genuinely interested and will follow-up with it later.

Cheers, Brenton
jbv

Postby KazzaMozz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi Steen
your work on LMS is fabulous, and I too intend to use it but as you would already know I have other things happening here right now. Moving is such a pain.
It looks pretty swish and I can't wait to get my Foxy setup all backup and running to include LMS. My systems are pretty much packed away and I'm living without all my toys right now. It looks and sounds pretty swish. If you have impressed Brenton then I know it's good.
Next year will be a very fun year for me and Foxy I just have to be patient :( enough and wait until I move and set myself back up again. 8-)
Cheers
Kazza
KazzaMozz

Postby SBP » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi to you all.

There hasn't been much activity lately, but I'm sure Brenton is working hard behind the scenes.

In the meantime I have been building a dedicated small squeezebox player build on the microcore Linux. The player is very small 33 mb in total, so it easily fits in ram.
Microcore is a read only system (like foxyroxylinux) and therefore is resistant to power failure. The player is Triodes squeezelite player.
You can acces it via putty from another computer. User=tc Password=nosoup4you

If you have a raspberry then please try it out.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... queezelite
SBP

Postby jbv » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:00 am

Hi Steen,

SBP wrote:There hasn't been much activity lately, but I'm sure Brenton is working hard behind the scenes.

Yes, a little (hey, it has been Christmas <g>). I should have some good/interesting updates very soon.

I must admit that I did not get as much done over the last 3 weeks as I would have liked. I should have expected/pre-empted the curve-balls that were thrown at me a few days before Christmas. When it all settles down, I may explain a little more. In the meantime, please just trust me that things have been happening, and I have been active with FoxyRoxyLinux. As a large part of this has been in regression testing and learning while making sure everything underneath is more solid than ever, It's just not quite right for any announcements yet

SBP wrote:In the meantime I have been building a dedicated small squeezebox player build on the microcore Linux. The player is very small 33 mb in total, so it easily fits in ram.

WoW ! This really looks interesting. While I haven't done much with Slimplayer/squeeze-box, I hope to mess with it once I've got our foundations solid. I am really interested in the whole principle/architecture behind/underneath it.

Cheers, Brenton
jbv

Postby KazzaMozz » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:17 am

Hi Steen
When I get some spare time I plan to squeeze your little player venture into one of the media players I currently work on I'll let you know how it goes.
Cheers
Kazza
KazzaMozz

Postby SBP » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi kazza, that is good news, please report your experience.

Also if I can help in any way, just ask. I will be glad to help you if I can.

Steen
SBP

Postby jbv » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:46 am

Hi Steen,

I noticed the link in your previous message: PiCorePlayer

I haven't found a decent radio station where we are now living, so this looks quite interesting.

Thanks, Brenton
jbv

Previous

Return to Other Stuff