Stripping FoxyRoxy

This looks like a good place for it

Stripping FoxyRoxy

Postby jbv » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:40 am

It's been a hectic weekend. While I didn't get as far as I would have liked, I still feel that I got a lot done.

I'm going to need a few days to just chill and relax.

I figure a good way to do this is to get FoxyRoxy's .sqfs to look taunt and terrific. So, I'm going to put her on a diet.

While the ISO needs to contain all 3 kernels and I will support them for as long as is practical or until it becomes obvious that one isn't used. I will continue to include all 3 kernels. But, if you only ever use one kernel, there is no reason for the other 2 to be in the 01-FoxyRoxy.squashfs

So, as a relaxing easy goof-off night or two, I will make some scripts that will help FoxyRoxy trim down a little. While this won't have any affect whatsoever on the memory/cpu usage, it may help people who are trying to shoe-horn FoxyRoxy onto a small non-volatile memory (aka embedded flash, flash-card or USB stick) It will also help when people are patching 01-FoxyRoxy and need to do this in memory on machines that don't have much memory.

I've got a hectic week ahead professionally, so this will be about all I expect to get done till next weekend, when I will have one last crack at the LMS issue before firing off a scathing Email to the goons that created the crap. Then it will be back to the "services" clean-up and after that, I'm going to get the hard-disk mounting sorted so that we are on our way to my ultimate NAS.

Cheers
jbv

Return to Other Stuff