Hi a simple question

This is the place for a chat or general type question

Re: Hi a simple question

Postby SBP » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks.

Now my changes will stick even after a reboot.
SBP

Postby jbv » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Please don't use 99-anything for save files.

I am using 99-xxx for injections and have just created 99-snap which creates a snapshot of changes to your /root directory and has smarts in that you can turn on/off some parts, including if the FireFox cache is saved or not... I'm about to upload this in the next few minutes.

STeen, in the short-term, please use the 95-create script. It will catch your changes to miniDLNA.

If you make multiple changes, then after a first-run of 95-create, use 95-refresh
Tomorrow, I'll help you clean it up a little.

BTW, what devices are you streaming to with miniDLNA?
Have you got the config file sussed?

Cheers
jbv

Postby SBP » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi jvb

Yes I followed the advice, used the command: mksquashfs /live/cow /live/image/live/99-my-save-file.squashfs
and after a reboot the minidnla config was like I wanted it to be.

I'm streaming to a Samsung blueray , and it is working fine. I also try to stream to my android phone Samsung S9100 with "Allshare" but it won't stream, it says fileformat not supported. This has nothing to do with Foxyroxy, as I had the same problem using my Voyage linux box also using minidlna.

Steen
SBP

Postby saintless » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:21 pm

SBP wrote:mksquashfs /live/cow /live/image/live/99-my-save-file.squashfs.

This command will do the trick but it will include many files you don't need in the save squash file. I gave it to you only to see how you can save changes. It does the same as 95-create script.
To get clean and slim snapshot you will have to unsquash (extract) the snapshot file, to clean the files you don't need and to rebuild it again. You can use 95-load and 95-save scripts to do this.

JBV already created a script which will keep your desktop and Firefox configuration changes in cleaner and better way and you can also rebuild the base squash with your changes.
Read here: click-here
saintless

Previous

Return to General Stuff